" The secret to getting ahead, is getting started." - Mark Twain
Here we are teetering on the precipice of a brand new year - 2015! I always find the time surrounding "The New Years" to be ripe with nostalgia and anticipation for what lies ahead. In retrospect, 2014 can be classified as a year of editing. Activities and intentions were refined and things that used to weigh me down were eliminated - making space for a brand new year that I have decided to dedicate to lightness. In honor of the past year and all that lies ahead, I would like to share my short list of accomplishments and intentions for the coming year.
THE YEAR OF EDITING
- Celebrated my 5th year as an independent entrepreneur !
- Explored my heritage on an inaugural journey to Cuba with my family
- Founded and launched COLLECTIVE CREATURE and received a Vimeo Staff Pick for our premiere video artist statement
- Curated 5 exhibitions; including a Museum exhibition and Pop-ups + showed my own art in 4 exhibitions
- Designed 4 new websites and brands
THE YEAR OF LIGHTNESS
- Drink more water
- Work with a stellar team on creative projects with meaningful initiatives
- Make time for the things that matter most i.e. family, dear friends, home cooked meals and overall wellness
- Adventure! ( I have big plans for expeditions this year)
- Make more art
Do you have goals or resolutions for this new year? I would love to hear what you are looking forward to - comment below and share.